• It is unfortunate how many people don't realize that piano and voice lessons taken without any real commitment always lead to frustration and failure. Lessons take real time and involvement on the part of teachers, students and parents. A new student should understand that, to be successful, they need to devote just as much time to practice and lessons as they give to learning a new job skill, a subject in school or excelling in a particular team sport for example. Just as with a sport, playing piano or singing requires both knowledge and skill. You can get the knowledge by study, but can get the skill only by dedicated and diligent practice.
• Students are expected to practice their music assignments and may be dropped from the music studio if adequate practice time is not consistently maintained on a regular basis. All music students must agree to practice at least: 30 minutes to 1 hour every day – per the number of music classes they are taking, hence – 30 minutes to 1 hour of daily practice for their piano lessons, and 30 minutes to 1 hour of daily practice for their voice lessons.
• All music students (both piano as well as voice students) will be required to have thoroughly gone over, studied and reviewed, practiced and completed their assigned lessons, exercises and homework and be fully prepared and ready to play and or sing at the beginning of each scheduled music lesson in order for them to make regular progress and improvement.
• Real practice requires both mental and physical devotion, in which you don't simply repeat mistakes over and over again, but correct them before proceeding on. You should practice a problem area until you can do it right at least ten times for every time you do it wrong. It's not the amount of time you spend, but how well you use the time that counts. Even if you practice several hours a day and simply repeat the same mistakes each time through, you have not practiced effectively. In passing, allow me to note that failure of the student to practice properly and adequately is the single biggest item that teachers note as contributing to the failure of lessons.
• Both the 30 minute and the 60 minute private music lessons will be intensely detailed, and will be focused on music-related material of the utmost importance, including music study books, learning all the music notes in both the treble and bass clef, music scales, techniques, exercises, music theory, music structure, music notation, different styles and genres of music, the language of music, different musical composers, sight-reading music, music physics, self-composing and more.
• Your music teacher, Suzanne Brittania, reserves the right to drop a student from the schedule at any time and for any reason. Students will be required to arrive for their lessons on time, alert and enthusiastic for their music lesson studies. Cell phone conversations, text-messaging, cell-phone cameras, ring-tones, etc. are a disturbance and distraction to both the student and teacher and are not allowed during scheduled lesson times. All cell phones need to be set on silent or vibrate mode and answered outside the music studio. Defiance, impertinence, rudeness, disrespect, disobedience and an uncooperative attitude toward your teacher, Suzanne Brittania, as well as toward other students or guests within the music studio will not be tolerated and may result in a student’s dismissal from the music studio along with forfeiture of tuition they have paid in advance.
• You must always provide a way in which your teacher, Suzanne Brittania, can contact you. Usually this includes both a home phone number and an E-mail address. A cell phone number (if available) is also preferred as a means of contacting students.
Take a Look at What Several of Our Customers Have to Say About Us!
Thanks to Suzanne's quality coaching, my singing voice has become a lot stronger and more sustained. My phrasing and breath control is better too. I don't suffer from my voice giving out and dropping off half way through a song any more like I used to. I highly recommend her to anybody in need of a good voice teacher!
Being an elderly adult without any prior music training or background, I figured it was too late to teach an old dog like myself any new tricks. Thank Miss Brittania at Infinity Music Studio for proving me wrong. She has taught me so much more than I ever imagined was possible and helped build confidence in myself and bring out the inner musician in me that I never even realized I had.